Golden funeral mask of king Tutankhamun. Photo at The Egyptian Museum by Jon Bodsworth.
- The discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb and the legacy of Howard Carter By Dr Joanna Kyffin, 2013
- The Discovery of King Tut 2014 Premier Exhibitions, Inc.
- Treasures of Ancient Egypt From National Geographic.
- Entering King Tut's Tomb, 1923 From Eyewitness to History.
- Tutankhamun: Anatomy of an Excavation Howard Carter's diaries and journals.
The first excavation season in the tomb of Tutankhamun.
Part 1: October 28 to December 31, 1922
From Griffith Institute, Oxford OX1 2LG
- Politics and the King Tut Discovery by Jimmy Dunn
- Howard Carter: "Miraculous," Misunderstood Man... By Ker Than for National Geographic News
- Nov. 4, 1922 The discovery of Tutankhamun, in color These photographs documenting the discovery of the tomb have been colorized by Dynamichrome for the exhibition The Discovery of King Tut, New York
Howard Carter and Tutankhamun's Tomb
Stories Inspired by the Discovery
The Tutankamun Affair by Christian Jacq; Geraldine Le Roy (Translator) ISBN: 0671028553
At the beginning of the 20th century, a young unknown pharaoh remained, beneath his golden mask, in the darkness of a tomb deep in the Valley of the Kings. His name was Tutankhamun. He had lain undisturbed for a thousand years until two men, Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon, discovered the tomb and wrested him from obscurity in an attempt to solve his riddle. Christian Jacq tells the incredible true story of the strange curse of Tutankhamen which was to cause havoc among its unfortunate victims for the next half-century.
The Red Pyramid byRick Riordan ISBN: 9780141384955
Carter and Sadie Kane's dad is a brilliant Egyptologist with a secret plan that goes horribly wrong. An explosion shatters the ancient Rosetta stone and unleashes Set, the evil god of chaos Set imprisons Dr Kane in a golden coffin and Carter and Sadie must run for their lives.