This guide is a collection of links and suggestions for related texts to support this area of study.
Engraving of a flea. 'Micrographia', published in 1665, is the result of detailed observations by Robert Hooke using the recently invented microscope. Source: Wellcome Library, London
Students consider the ways composers may invite them to experience discovery through their texts and explore how the process of discovering is represented using a variety of language modes, forms and features.
- Area of study: Discovery resources From the State Library of NSW.
- Discovery resources from the University of Sydney
- HSC Discovery From Penfox HSC
- Lines of thought - Discoveries that changed the world Across six themes, this exhibition highlights key moments in the evolution of human thought. From the University of Cambridge.
- Lib Quotes is a searchable database of sourced quotations with proper attribution. Many of the verified quotations include informative footnotes and possible variant translations.
Discovery in Pictures
- BBC News in Pictures See Photojournals and Audio slideshows in the ARCHIVE GALLERIES
- Best photographs of the day | The Guardian
- CNN World News
- KODAK MOMENT of the Day
- MAAS Museum on Instagram MAAS Behind-the-scenes at the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory & Castle Hill Discovery Centre) Sydney, Australia.
- MSNBC Week in Pictures See Slideshows.
- National Geographic Photo Galleries
- National Geographic: Photos in the news
- New York Times Multimedia and Photos
- Sydney Morning Herald World: Snapshots
- The week in 35 photos - CNN
- Undiscovered A photographic assignment from National Geographic
- Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Day